The Program Manager will be responsible for managing and collaborating on grant making activities associated with middle school and high school partnerships at Lucas Education Research. Primary responsibilities include serving as an LER liaison and project manager for selected partnerships, reviewing curriculum and professional development programs, and contributing to strategy and protocol around research methodology and scaling educational initiatives. The ideal candidate will have prerequisite knowledge of research methods to support each phase of research (design, replication, and scale) in addition to teaching experience in grades 6-12. In this position, the Program Manager will provide conceptual, technical, and project leadership related to projects as well as managing workflow toward an aggressive timeline and solving problems as they arise. The Program Manager will report to the Senior Program Officer and engage in projects with the LER Executive Director and other LER staff.
- Manage the daily workflow of projects, including utilizing processes and protocols to support grant making activities, including problem-solving as challenges arise
- Create protocols and processes for data collection, curriculum revision, and professional development revision to support project improvement work
- Collaborate with internal and external partners, including technology integration advisors, portal development team, teachers, district leaders, and researchers
- Provide strategy around research methods, specifically educational improvement science (i.e. networked improvement communities)
- Review curriculum and professional development programs across LER projects
- Support the continuous improvement of curriculum and professional development programs across LER projects. In doing so, contribute educational expertise and advise on the implementation of programs
- Research opportunities for the integration of technology in project-based learning
- Design and manage focus groups, interviews and surveys to collect data on projects
- Analyze data from the LER online curriculum portal
- Provide feedback on team projects and recommend revisions to LER projects
- Weekly updates to LER Program Officer, and, as appropriate, updates to the Executive Director of Lucas Education Research
- Present out on LER’s work at internal and external conferences, convenings, and meetings
- Master’s in Education
- At least two years of teaching experience
- At least two years of experience with research related to best practices in education, and understanding of relevant issues and current trends in schools.
- At least two years of experience in project management.
- Experience with a range of research methodologies, including: improvement science or design-based implementation research (DBIR), experimental and quasi-experimental designs, mixed methods research, survey development, interviews, and focus grouping.
- Ideal candidates will have exposure to teacher leadership and/or administration of educational programs as well as experience with the administration of research programs.
- Superior writing, editing, research, analysis, and presentation skills in a jargon-free and accessible format.
- Excellent project management skills in individual and group work situations, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple short-range and long-term projects simultaneously and meet all deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of groups including technical, professional, and executive audiences.
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 403b, Flex Spending