Technical Assistant Intern, Lucas Education Research
Technical Assistant Internship
Lucas Education Research (LER), a division within The George Lucas Educational Foundation (GLEF), seeks a Technical Assistant Intern to join their team. The Technical Assistant Intern will support the Technology Manager at LER to prepare content for large-scale research studies. This role requires strong project management skills, attention to detail, and interest in working with technology platforms. Day-to-day activities include content maintenance and migration of curriculum content into a customized Content Management System (CMS). The Technical Assistant will perform a wide variety of tasks that support the maintenance of the CMS and the onboarding of new users. This position requires someone who has a firm grasp on editing web-based digital content, assisting with virtual trainings, and handling technical support.
This is a 6 month part time (10 hours per week) paid internship located in San Rafael, CA.
- Prepares and posts updated content into the CMS
- Coordinates content delivery to ensure all elements are in place for publishing
- Coordinates scheduling of group trainings for users
- Supports the training and onboarding of new users
- Assists Technology Manager in the reporting and resolving of technical bugs
- Assists in editing online content for specific sections of the platform
- Assists in reviewing and updating outdated content
- Assists in the spot-checking of content as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience:
- Computer Science major or Business-related major
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Experience in virtual training and technical bug reporting
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects at one time
- Initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to liaise effectively with key stakeholders across departments
- Ability to organize, analyze and synthesize information from many different sources
- Discipline to deliver projects on time, on budget and to agreed plan
- Required Skills / Competencies:
- Basic understanding of HTML and CMS
- Copy editing skills
- Experience with cloud-based Google suite of tools including Google Drive, Docs, Presentation, Sheets, etc.
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- Basic understanding of Cake PHP
- At least 85% of this job is spent on a computer.
About Lucas Education Research:
Founded in 2013, Lucas Education Research operates as a sister division to Edutopia at the George Lucas Educational Foundation. Our mission is to build the evidence base to support best practices at classroom, school, and district levels that profoundly and positively impact the course of learning and lifelong achievement. We collaborate with research partners to design and evaluate innovative educational practices that can be replicated and taken to scale. Our work is currently focused on the study of a model for rigorous Project-Based Learning (PBL).