Social Media and Audience Engagement Manager
Edutopia is dedicated to transforming the learning experience for America’s students by being the premier source for trusted information, inspiration, and practical strategies about what works in pre-K-12 education. We are a leading education brand reaching more than 17 million people monthly. Our audience includes teachers, school and district administrators, education influencers, parents, and more.
We’re looking for an accomplished social media professional who is creative and compelled to pursue the highest quality social engagements on key social media platforms. You combine the art of writing and a strong visual sensibility with the science of data analytics. You have a deep understanding of U.S. education and a passion to improve schools. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who lives and breathes social media to support a mission-driven organization that ultimately impacts millions of kids. You are equally comfortable developing strategy, collaborating in teams, and rolling up your sleeves to publish social media posts. This is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Producer. Remote work is an option and candidates from outside the San Francisco Bay Area will be considered. Come be a part of an exceptional creative team.
What You’ll Do:
- Own channel-specific social programming and maintain brand consistency across all points of distribution
- Define major social strategies and campaigns; plan, craft, publish, and monitor posts for Edutopia on social channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; manage paid social campaigns; and work with the creative department to develop truly outstanding visual imagery.
- Listen to, understand, and advocate for Edutopia’s audience of changemakers in education
- Follow trending news with an eye towards relevant connections related to Edutopia
- Curate, write, and edit daily posts for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., finding unique story angles and crafting brilliant, engaging headlines and copy
- Work closely with the creative department to develop compelling visual leads, including illustrations, animations, and infographics
- Consult regularly with the video, marketing, editorial, and creative staff to define (and redefine) social strategy in the rapidly shifting social space
- Identify new trends and products in social media, and test and advocate for change as needed
- Manage the newsletter channel, improving our programming and positioning the channel for continued growth
- Minimum of 3 years leading cross-platform social media for an established brand
- Experience at a digital media company and familiarity with journalistic standards
- A track record of driving brand awareness, audience growth, reach, and engagement using organic and paid social media
- Fluency and a passionate obsession with social media programming, engagement, and analytics tools (extra points for experience with SocialFlow or CX Social)
- Experience planning and executing paid social campaigns, creating custom audiences, and managing large budgets using Facebook Business Manager and Twitter Ads
- Sound editorial judgment and a gift for writing engaging headlines and other retail copy
- Experience working with creative teams, including editors, visual designers, and video producers (remote and in-person) to showcase and distribute digital content to wide audiences
- A goal-driven and data-informed work style, with strong analytical skills and the ability to translate insights to actions
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, or a related field is preferred
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Excel, and Trello is helpful
- Educational experience is a big plus