Email Marketing Specialist (Contractor)
Edutopia, produced by the George Lucas Educational Foundation, seeks an email marketing specialist to support our team. You will play an important role in helping us leverage email to reach and engage millions of people with the power to improve education. If you are equally comfortable with email systems operations and day-to-day email production, optimization, and performance monitoring, this role is for you.
This is a part-time contract job (approximately 10-20 hours / week). Remote work will be considered for candidates outside of the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Prepare, test, and send email newsletter on time each week using provided content, images, and templates; update templates as needed.
- Coordinate weekly email sends and gather materials from extended team.
- Ensure the email software platform is operating smoothly on a consistent basis; serve as an authorized contact with vendor for day-to-day questions and support.
- Develop custom lists and segments based on subscriber attributes and behavior; write database queries, import new data, and update suppression rules as needed.
- Continuously monitor and improve list quality, through manual and automated list hygiene programs, re-engagement/win-back campaigns, and weekly bounce monitoring.
- Edit and test email templates for compatibility with email clients, optimal rendering on mobile devices, and against spam filters.
- Run frequent A/B tests; make recommendations based on key insights.
- Support conversion rate optimization projects designed to grow the email list.
- Help us evaluate, and possibly migrate to, a new email marketing platform later this year.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience with email marketing
- Proficiency with Silverpop (IBM Marketing Cloud), MailChimp, or comparable email marketing services.
- Basic HTML, CSS, and ability to write queries for reports and list management.
- Detail oriented and conscientious, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Experience with A/B testing and email optimization; ability to analyze performance, surface key insights, and make recommendations based on data.
- Firm grasp of email best practices, CAN-SPAM regulations, deliverability, list hygiene, and sender reputation
- Familiarity with other tools such as Google Analytics, Salesforce, Sendgrid, Trello, Assembla, Email on Acid, or Litmus is helpful but not required.